Sunday, December 20, 2009

Sunday Supper

Ingredients for a Sunday SupperMy friends from Montana are coming to visit for a few days today and will be cooking a fun dinner for a group of our mutual girl friends to celebrate their arrival. I have a large vat of duck fat in my outside refrigerator begging to cover duck legs so I created a duck confit with ten legs which will be ready to pan sear today. Since I gave you the recipe for the Duck Breast with Port Poached Pears in one of my earlier blogs, I thought it would be fun for me to make that so I could take some pictures. I will do duck two ways, the confit of legs and a pan seared breast. My friend loves beets so will do a beet salad in a warm bacon vinaigrette. I gathered all my ingredients from the farmer’s market and my grocery today and will head over to the beach in a few minutes to cook over there. I will take pictures and give you the recipes tomorrow.

A Special Menu to Celebrate My Montana Friends!

December 13th, 2009

With Cocktails and Conversation

Ricotta, Gruyere and Prosciutto Filo Triangles

*

Pumpkin Soup Shots

First Course

Beet and Spinach Salad with Warm Pancetta Vinaigrette,

Goat Cheese and Hazelnuts

Entrée

Duck Two Ways, Confit and Seared Breast with Port Poached Pears

In a Port Wine Sauce

*

Yukon Gold Potatoes fried in Duck Fat

*

Wilted Swiss Chard and Turnip Greens with Turnips

Dessert

Ginger Bread with Poached Persimmons and Whipped Cream

No comments:

Post a Comment