Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Grated Zucchini with Shaved Parmesan


Zucchini with Parmesan

I was taught this recipe years ago by a San Franciscan chef.  A friend of mine bought this cooking class at a school auction and I cook a number of the recipes he taught us all the time.  Too bad I forgot who he was, I would love to thank him.  I could eat this dish as an entree with a bit of tomato sauce.  This recipe makes me plant more zucchini in my yard.

Serves 6

  • 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

  • 4 zucchini, grate in a food processor creating a thick long shread

  • 1 cup shaved parmesan cheese, shaved with a grater
Heat a saute pan over high heat for three minutes.  Turn off heat and add olive oil quickly.  Immediately add zucchini and with your hand (if you are brave) turn the zucchini in the pan until it is warmed.  Add the parmesan and again quickly stir to slightly melt the cheese.  The zucchini will be just warm but not hot enough to allow the zucchini to release its water.  If you feel it is not hot enough, turn the heat on quickly.  The beauty about this zucchini is its fresh taste.  Salt to taste and serve immediately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment