Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Monday Fish Night: Seared Ahi Tuna on a Bed of Greens in a Ginger Vinaigrette

Monday Night Fish Dinner

January 10th, 2010

Seared Ahi Tuna Salad with a Ginger Vinaigrette
*
Pickled Cucumbers with Serrano Chile
*
Stir Fried Broccoli, Carrot, Snap Peas and Onion
*

Barley

 This is one of my favorite family Monday night dinners. It can be made at any time of year, is quick, light, fufilling and packed with flavor. I have created many variations with this basic recipe by using either a panfried noodle or sushi, brown or bastmati rice or as my starch. This dish also works as a salad first course for a dinner party. Everyone enjoys this dish, even people who think they do not like raw fish. While I usually serve this with little dishes for soy sauce, wasabi and pickled ginger, it does not need it, the pickled cucumbers are a perfect condiment for the tuna. Tonight I serve the tuna with stirfried vegetables and barley cooked in chicken broth since my middle daughter is not a rice or noodle fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment